Walking Tour through Colonial – downtown Rio
Portuguese rulers were the first ones to rule Rio as they landed on the soil of Guanabara Bay on the 1st January 1502.
The French also wanted to make the best of the strategic position of Rio in the Brazilian region and tried to make a foothold in the city but were debarred from the city after two years of intense war. To protect from further invasions, the city was moved to a safer position on a hill, which was later named as Castle Hill, which no longer exists.
Rio developed economically as it continued to cultivate its traditional crop; sugarcane. Subsequently, gold and diamonds were found in the Mines Gerais area. After this discovery, many other European countries tried to capture Rio and gain a foothold and in 1763, the capital of the region was shifted from Salvador to Rio…
Walking Tour is a great opportunity to Familiarize yourself with olds historical buildings and surroundings in Rio. Walking Tour along Rio’s downtown narrow streets and squares like Praça Floriano Peixoto, better known as Cinelândia Heart of Rio’s culture, Tiradentes, and Carioca Square …
In our cast of tour guides, you can choose (If private) the languages: Português, Inglish, Spanish, Italian and French.
- National Library Museum of Fine Arts
- Municipal Theather
- Rio’s Old Carioca Aqueduct, know as Lapa Arches
- Selaron Steps
- The Metropolitan Cathedral
- Gabinete Português
- Avenida Rio Branco
- The traditional Colombo Coffee Shop
Most of the Walking Tour can also be done in private air-conditioned car, minivan at your disposal (min. 4 hours) – Price to be quoted.
Walking Tour using public transportation – What sometimes might be financial, more interesting, according to your budget and health condition to walk long distances, though.
- Private Individual Tour (Min. 1 Person)
- Private Brazilian English spoken tour guide
- 4hs Half Day Tour
- Special price for small groups (6 +)
- Pick up, Transfer or Drop off: Airport, Cruise Ship or Hotel
- 1 Subway Round trip ticket per person
4/5hs Half Day Tour
Private Brazilian English spoken tour guide
Pick up and drop off at your hotel / Cruise ship or Airport
2 Round trip ticket to public transports per person:
- 1 round trip ticket Subway
- Public transport – 1 round-trip ticket (Bus or Subway)
- Private transportation (Available to be quoted)
- Entrance fees
Price per person:
- 1 Pax – R$450,00
- 2 Pax – R$350,00 p/p
- 3 /4 – R$300,00 p/p
- 5 /16 – R$200,00 p/p
Get in touch